This recipe was something that I had been wanting to do since football season. Dieting and clean eating has made me keep putting it off. Well, I decided that I could use my husband and oldest son as a GREAT excuse to make this. After all, what guy doesn’t like bacon? I don’t know of any personally. This was super easy and I did pull off a morsel (okay, maybe a little big bigger than a morsel) for myself to try. I refuse to post any recipe that I can’t back up.
- Round Sourdough loaf (I am sure you can use any other type or shape, but round is what I found to be the most popular for this recipe
- 1/8 inch Sliced Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 Cup butter (I used unsalted)
- 1 12 oz package of bacon, diced and cooked up to a nice crisp
- 1 Cup Shredded Chicken ( I happened to have leftover chicken from the deli that my husband was supposed to use to make Chicken Caesar Salad on a night I work late this week….I decided to bake a pot of chili and use it for this instead)
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese ( I used Mexican Style)
- 1/4 packet of your favorite ranch dressing mix (I used Uncle Dans)
- Mix Butter and powder ranch together.
- Slice both ways down bread, making sure not to go through the crust.
- place the sliced cheese in between the cut bread, making sure each “row” has some sliced cheese
- Pour the butter over the bread, pulling the pieces slightly apart so it gets down the cracks. (The cheese slices help to separate the pieces also)
- Sprinkle the chicken evenly over the bread, pushing some down into the cracks
- Do the same with the bacon
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Wrap in aluminum foil and bake at 350* for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and bake another 10 minutes.
Feel free to leave a comment below. I always enjoy hearing feedback. Enjoy!
Always find your patch of sun!