I came up with these delicious Asian Shrimp Tostadas on the fly tonight. I had a long day of a million errands and ran into the store for stuff to make tacos. Tacos turned into shrimp tacos and I walked out with a few ingredients and my mind made up. Then I got home. After the stressful running around day (4 dentist appointments, 2 bank trips, 4 stores, 1 quick visit with my mom, school shopping and a freaking Partridge in a Pear Tree) I needed to vent. Since I am not quite ready to run away from home, I decided to get creative in the kitchen. My favorite alternative to wine before 7 pm. I have to say, it was a very successful venting session. This came together in about 15 minutes. I happen to have had the eggroll wrappers from eggrolls last week. Someone had left them slightly open, which left about 1/4 dried out and unusable. That’s actually what sparked the shrimp tacos into an Asian Shrimp Tostada fire. I even may use wonton wrappers next time for an appetizer portion.
- 1 lb shrimp peeled, deveined and rinsed
- 1 bag of slaw cabbage
- 1/2 cup of lime juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- egg roll wrappers
- 1/4 cup cilantro roughtly chopped
- 1 TB Sriracha
- 2 1/2 TB garlic
- 2 tsp of salt
- 5 TB sesame oil
- Medium sized bowl & One Small Bowl
- Plate with paper towel on it
- Medium sized frying pan
- Place 3 TB of the sesame oil in a frying pan on medium high.
- Cut Eggroll wrappers in half and place in hot oil.
- Cook on one side until it starts to bubble up, then use your tongs to flip on the other side
- Remove from pan once both sides are bubbly and slightly brown and place on paper towel plate
- Once you have the desired amount of wrappers fried, turn stove to medium
- Add shrimp, 1/4 cup of your lime juice, 1 tsp of salt and 1 tsp of garlic
- Cook until shrimp are done. They should be pink and slightly curled up
- In the medim bowl, mix cabbage mix, half of your remaining lime juice (1/8 cup), 1 TB garlic, remaining salt (1tsp),remaining sesame oil (2TB) and cilantro
- Set aside
- In small bowl mix sour cream, the rest of the lime juice (1/8 cup), Sriracha, and 1/2 TB of garlic.
- Gently pat your fried eggroll wrapper and place on a plate
- Add a thin layer of the sauce on the wrapper, place cabbage mix on top of that and add 4-5 shrimp onto the cabbage.
- You can dollop with sauce, some Sriracha for a spicier flavor or even some sweet chili sauce if you want to
Thanks for stopping by!
Please share or leave a comment. I would love your feedback.