Nothing says,” I am ready for Summer,” like this delicious Watermelon Margarita. It’s refreshing, tasty and easy to make. The watermelon juice blended up really nicely in my Vitamix and I did a light strain, just to remove any thicker pulp. I can’t wait for you to try it! Make sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think. Cheers!
- 1/2 Cup sugar ( I used raw sugar, but I am sure any kind is fine, or even a substitute like Stevia )
- 1/2 Cup water
- 3 Wide strips of orange zest/peel
- 1 small seedless watermelon (1 personal size makes 4 servings) cut up into cubes
- 1/4 Cup lime juice (fresh is best, but use a bottled kind if you need to…really, we are drinking tequila, nobody will care)
- 3/4 Cup Silver or White tequila (I used Jose Cuervo Silver Tequila, it was good!)
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar, water, and orange zest to boil over high.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook until sugar dissolves (can take about 3 minutes)
- Let syrup cool in a bowl.
- In a blender or Vitamix, puree watermelon cubes until smooth.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, pressing on solids, into a pitcher (you should have about 1 cup juice).
- Stir in syrup, lime juice, and tequila.
- Let chill in fridge for at least 45 minutes or if you can pour over ice in some high ball glasses for instant gratification!
- Pour into salt rimmed glasses
- Top with a cute little watermelon wedge and enjoy!