These low carb pepper pizzas are an easy way to get your pizza fix and have a lot less guilt. I used red peppers because I like the sweetness of them, but I am sure that the green, orange and yellow would work just as well.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 Bell Peppers, washed, cleaned and cut in half, length wise
- 8 TB of sauce of your choosing (marinara, ranch, alfredo, BBQ)
- 1 Cup of toppings ( sausage, pepperoni, zucchini, chicken, mushrooms, onions, bacon…whatever you like on your pizza)
- About 1/2 Cup shredded cheese divided into 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 400*
- Place prepared peppers on a cookie sheet
- Spoon 2 TB of your sauce into each pepper
- Top with your toppings ( we used sausage, pepperoni and zucchini)
- Put cheese onto each one, pressing down slightly so all your goodies are nice and snug in the pepper
- Place in oven for about 15 minutes or until cheese is slightly brown
- Remove from oven and let stand for about 5 mintues
Serve and Enjoy!
Read the latest car news and check out newest photos, articles, and more from the Car and Driver Blog.