This cauliflower crust is so simple to make, I have no idea why I was hesitant in trying it before now. Not only does it fit nicely in our low carb living, it really is delicious. If you don’t have a food processor, modern day living has made it very simple to buy already chopped up fresh cauliflower, usually found in the “salad” section of your local grocery store.
This recipe even won over the heart of my cheesy bread, pizza loving husband, teenage son and both Littles. For those of you with a cheesy bread loving family, and you want to try a healthier version sneak attack, this is the recipe for you.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 Cups mozzeralla
- Preheat oven to 425* and prepare a large cookie sheet with parchment paper (I have used this and also my baking stone without any paper on it, both work well. If you don’t have a baking stone in your life, I highly recommend it.)
- Cut up your cauliflower into small florets. Then, place it in your food processor and pulse for about minute, scraping down if need be.
- Place the processed cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl and cover. Here is what I use the Charles Viancin Lilypad Gift Set (I have 2 of them and just ordered a third)
- Microwave for 10 minutes
- Remove from microwave and immediatly add the 4 eggs, parmesan cheese and 2 cups of the mozzerella
- Spread the cauliflower mixture out onto the parchment paper and using a spatula shape into desired shape
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. I checked at 20 and it was almost done. You are looking for a golden brown color
- sprinkle with remaining cup of cheese (Or if you are my family, I added another 2 Cups on top!)
- Place back in oven for 3-5 minutes
- Remove from oven and let sit for a couple of minutes
- Slice and serve!
It really IS that simple!
Enjoy and please leave a comment or any suggestions below!
Free Avada WordPress Theme is the ultimate multi-purpose WordPress theme.