These wraps are not only delicious, they are pretty healthy and the recipe can be easily tweaked for any food allergies or sensitivities. I came up with these years ago, but just recently took them out of my recipe vault in my brain. This is a great way to use up leftover chicken!
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken (any meat can work, ground turkey, beef or even pork)
- 4 Tb soy sauce. (I use Aloha, but you can use a GF kind or even Braggs Liquid Aminos)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 green onions sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 1/8 cup sweet chili sauce, like Mae Ploy I love this stuff! Make sure to set some aside for your wrap topper
- Washed iceberg lettuce leaves, whole
- Fried Mung Bean noodles (follow package directions)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. It’s that simple
- Put your chicken mixture on 1/3 of the lettuce leaf.
- Add a few fried noodles
- top with soy sauce, peanut sauce or chili sauce
- Roll up and enjoy!
I make a peanut sauce/slather that I will post about later on this week. You can purchase your own at any store with an Asian aisle.
Make sure to comment below and let me know what you think, any changes or tweaks you made to the recipe or just say,”Hello!”